Saturday, February 4, 2012

IBM Research | Ponder This - IBM's monthly mathematical puzzles

A few days ago I came across this website by IBM - IBM Research | Ponder This. I'm no big fan of solving insane mathematical puzzles that boggle the mind. But, I really liked the level of the complexity these problems have. It has been going on for quite some time.

I've always wondered what the reason could be for such a huge corporation to run such mathematical puzzles. Maybe they are unable to solve these problems and want help from people. That would be funny. They can easily get other people to solve their problems for practically nothing.

I'm definitely not able to solve any of these problems yet. But, you might - if you're really know your math. Looks like they just posted a new one for February 2012. All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment