Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Not the world's most faithful employee

Yes, I'm not the world's most faithful employee. But then, who is? I haven't been fair to my employer by lurking around for better opportunities or as they say "looking for greener grass". But, who doesn't do that? I'm not The Buddha or Mr. HarishChandra to always be true about whatever I do.

And one fine day I get a cool offer letter from XYZ corp. Yay! Sounds great, doesn't it? Oh wait, you haven't heard the half of it yet. Lets go back a couple of moments from when the mail popped into my inbox. This is what happened - My reporting manager and I are having a nice code review for a feature I've been implementing for some time. We're completely immersed into the review and I'm explaining her on how the code works. "Bing" goes my desktop and an Outlook alert pops up saying, "Offer letter from XYZ" and we totally froze for about a couple of seconds. Now comes the difficult part; behaving as if nothing happened. So we do our expression-less poker face which would look somewhat like this.


But, she's freaked out inside somewhat like this.


And, the best thing was that we didn't talk about it even after the review was over; extremely professional ya know! Uh, not so professional when I realized she had called up my project manager and informed that they were losing a developer (I really couldn't find a picture to portray his grief). As far as XYZ is concerned, they won't have the pleasure of working with me. Will call up and reject the offer tomorrow. I'm staying.

Edit: 
My good friend @Gamer_Rags guessed what my project manager's face would be like. I've actually seen that face today. Thanks buddy!


I really need a disclaimer. Have a nice evening!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, nice post bro :).

    B/w how about this picture for the PM: http://www.splattermail.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/chimpanzee3.jpg


    P.S: would like to know offline which was the company which offered u the job and y u rejected it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt have the luck to go thru this.
    Liked the usage "Mr." Harishchandra :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. lolz.. thats a cool one. Enjoyed it.. and the faces! I can imagine :)

    ReplyDelete